Monday, March 30, 2015

Teen Vogue Fashion University Day 3

Bonjour,
I’d like to sum up my wonderful experience at Teen Vogue Fashion U 2015: All good things have to come to a close. The third and final day was exhilarating, as well as sad. My only seminar that day was with one of my idols, Zac Posen. I adore him and covet his dresses each season. He had a completely different take on his seminar than the other speakers. Of course I loved learning about his path to success (especially because I want to emulate what he did and how he did it). But my favorite part was learning about how he constructs his dresses. He had two of his ball gowns with him on stage, and he described each of the layers of fabric and the effort that went into building the shape. This was really fascinating to me, because I want to expand my knowledge on construction and building shapes. If I could ever go into his atelier and intern with him, or take sewing/ construction lessons, I would do it in a heartbeat. I wish there had been more Q & A timebecause I had come hoping to ask specific ones. 
Overall, I was amazingly starstruck by Zac Posen. It's weird to see your dream right in front of you.
Teen Vogue closed the weekend by handing out certificates. It happened so quickly, but was an unforgettable experience.  


xoxo,
Larissa




Zac Posen's dress and detailing

Zac Posen's Cinderella dress

No comments:

Post a Comment